Getting started with the Shopify Block
💵 Pro Subscribers Only
Setting up your online store with Universe couldn't get any easier. While we recommend using Universe's built in e-commerce platform, the Sell Block — we also support Cash App & PayPal transactions with the Cash Block and Shopify integration with the Shopify Block.
Here is an example of a store using Shopify on Universe: store.onuniverse.com/.
Sign up for a Shopify account
- Download the Shopify app here.
- Open the app and tap Sign up. Log in if you already have an account.
- Enter the required information and tap Create Store.
- Fill out the personal details screen and complete your store setup
- Keep track of your store name/URL. You’ll need this to authenticate your store inside the Universe app.
Create your products in Shopify
- Open the Shopify app and tap on Products in the bottom toolbar.
- Tap on the + button in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Add Product.
- Fill out the product information in the fields on the screen and tap Save when you’re ready. All you need is a title to get started. You can always come back and make changes later
Logging into your Shopify account in the Universe app
- Add the Shopify Block to any page of your Universe site.
- Tap Log in with Shopify. Enter your Shopify store name.
⭐️ You do not need to input the whole Shopify URL. Only the part before the .myshopify.com.
- Follow the login flow and make sure to give the Universe app permission and add it as a sales channel to your Shopify store
- Once you're done, the Shopify block will be able to load your products. Feel free to dismiss this block now.
Adding your products to the Shopify block
In order for your products to show in the Shopify block, you'll need to add each product to the Universe sales channel from inside the Shopify app.
- Open the Shopify app and tap on Products in the bottom toolbar
- Tap on All Products.
- Tap on a product you would like to add to your Universe store and open the product settings screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Sales Channels (the eye icon).
- Turn the toggle on for the Universe Sales channel (the toggle should show green).
- Go back to the previous screen and tap Save.
- Repeat these steps for each product you'd like to add to your Universe site.
Adding products to your site
Now that you have your products added to the Universe sales channel in your Shopify store, open the app to start adding your products to your site
- Open the Grid Editor to any page of your Universe site and add the Shopify Block.
- Tap on the Shopify Block and you'll see the products that you added to the Universe Sales Channel.
- Add the products to your site like any other Block.
- Resize the Blocks on your page as needed.
When you use the Shopify Block to sell your products, you only pay transaction fees from Shopify!
Additionally, you can add Shopify with the Link Block.